Is It For Me? cùrsa Prerequisites:
Ag iarraidh a 'sguabadh suas air ur seòladh mus gheamhradh seusan a' tòiseachadh no a bheil thu às dèidh mholaidhean cuideachail agus cleasan a chuidicheas tu gus dèiligeadh ris an seòmar geal agus dèan thu nas misneachail agus nas sàbhailte Navigator.
This one day course is aimed at fully winterising your navigation skills. Here on the West coast of Scotland we have some of the most varied and challenging navigational terrain anywhere in the UK our expert instructors are used to dealing with whatever the weather throws at them and are keen to pass this knowledge onto you. Tha an cùrsa a 'tabhann mòran nas coileanta Sùil air gheamhradh seòladh na ar daoine eile agus tha e air leth freagarrach airson daoine a' coimhead a ghabhail nan sgilean aca gu an ath ìre.
Airson faighinn a 'chuid as motha a-mach às a' chùrsa sinn a 'moladh gu bheil an cuid as t-samhradh agus sa gheamhradh coiseachd eòlas. This course assumes basic competence as a summer navigator and winter hill walker (gabhail a-steach an dèidh a bhith air a chleachdadh tuagh agus cramban). Thèid an cùrsa a practaigeach agus cnoc stèidhichte ach 's dòcha a' tòiseachadh le dearbhadh air prìomh sgilean gu h-ionadail.
Amasan a 'chùrsa
Bidh an cùrsa seo a-steach tha thu airson na sgilean a dh'fheumar airson misneachail agus comasach seòladh anns a 'gheamhradh bochd Fàire h-.
Course Content & Costs
This course runs with a instructor/client ratio of no more than 1:6. Your instructor will speak to you prior to the course to discuss everyone’s’ aspirations and abilities to allow him to plan the programme around this.
The main topics to be covered are:
- Ground to map and map to ground interpretation skills including contour interpretation
- Use of compass for taking and following bearings
- Distance measuring
- Navigation strategies for poor visibility conditions
- Relocation skills
- Route planning to avoid hazards such as avalanche prone slopes and hidden water hazards
- A limited amount of technical input on walking with ice axe and crampons where required
The programme is fairly flexible taking into account individual needs and aims, weather, etc.
Course Dates and Prices
We are running open courses over the following dates this winter these are a great way to learn with a group to improve your navigation and are at a maximum instructor to student ratio of 1:6.
These courses need a minimum of 2 people to run and cost £105 per person
If these dates don’t suit, or you want a specifically tailored course we can offer private guiding to suit your need (Please see private guiding page for rates)
Ready to take your winter navigation skills to the next level?
Complete the enquiry form below or call us on: 01855 831100
Booking Terms and Conditions
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that activities run, occasionally we may need to cancel activities due to dangerous or unsuitable conditions. We will endeavour to give as much notice as is practically possible. Occasionally activities may fail to reach a feasible minimum number. In these circumstances we will ensure you receive at least 7 days notice. In the event of cancellation by us for the above reasons, you will be offered either a full refund or an alternative date for the course.
Booking By Phone:
A deposit of 50% of the course fee is required on booking any course with the balance due 30 day’s prior to the course date. If booking within 30 days the full fee is payable on booking.
Full payment required at the time of booking.
Teagasg, Coaching and Development
Stiùireadh, Coidseadh agus Leasachaidh air a thoirt seachad le bhith a 'Ice Factor Ltd.
Ar n-amasan a-steach;
- Airson a 'toirt trèanadh agus oideachadh don phoball ann an co-cheangal ri spòrs bheinn, gabhail a-steach sreapadaireachd, sreap deighe, sreap chreagan, coiseachd is eile co-cheangailte Mountain Sports.
- Gus a bhrosnachadh agus a leasachadh am measg a 'phobaill, sgilean ann an co-cheangal ri spòrs bheinn
- A 'brosnachadh sàbhailteachd agus mothachadh air a' bheinn àrainneachdan don phoball
- Gus foghlam a sholarachadh don phoball ann an co-cheangal ri spòrs bheinn