The Biggest & Best Ice Climbing Wall in the World
The indoor ice climbing wall at the Ice Factor in Kinlochleven has 500 tonnes of real snow and ice to a height of 12m, with grades from beginner to expert making the indoor ice climbing experience a must.
Ever wondered what it takes climb up nearly 40ft of vertical ice?
The Ice Factor indoor ice climbing wall is the ideal environment for all levels. Our instructors have probably taught more people to ice climb than any organisation on the planet!
Inside the ice climbing wall there are routes from simple easy angled snow slopes through to challenging, thin ice/rock mixed climbing.
Experienced winter climbers have the opportunity of pushing their grade, developing advanced techniques, or simply testing shiny new gear!
How much does it cost?
|Indoor Ice Climbing||Adult||Jnr||Book Now|
|Hit the Ice (instructed)||£48.00||£48.00||Book Now|
|Taster (instructed)||£30.00||£25.00||Book Now|
* Prices are per person. All instructed prices include technical equipment hire. Ice Factor does not provide any clothing. The use of gloves is mandatory for the ice wall.
|Private coaching||Book Now|
|Custom Private Coaching||POR||Call 01855 831 100|
|Private coaching 2 hours (up to 6 people)||£175||Book Now|
Call us to book private coaching sessions on Call 01855 831 100.
Is it real ice/snow?
Yes! The ice climbing arena holds nearly 400 tonnes of snow/ice. This is packed onto the wall, giving depths from a couple of centimetres to nearly a metre. The routes are all shaped by hand to give an authentic ice climbing experience. The temperature is controlled to keep the area below zero. We emulate the pattern of nature to recreate a ‘freeze/thaw’ cycle, this turns the snow to neve, hard packed, compressed snow suitable for climbing on. The range of routes ensures whether you are a total beginner or a regular mountaineer that you will be presented with a challenging and rewarding experience.
Teaching, coaching and development
Instruction, Coaching and Development are provided by Ice Factor Ltd.
Our objectives include;
- To provide training and tuition to the public in relation to mountain sports, including mountaineering, ice climbing, rock climbing, hill walking and other affiliated mountain sports.
- To foster and develop amongst the public, skills in relation to mountain sports
- To promote safety and awareness of mountain environments to the public
- To provide education to the public in relation to mountain sports