Is It For Me? cùrsa Prerequisites
Airson an fhìor dàna seeker, h-uile geamhradh Ice Factor-teagaisg fa leth a sholarachadh sneachda holing turasan. Tha e air leth-slighe a 'cur seachad a' gheamhraidh an deireadh-sheachdain.
Eòlas na h-Alba beanntan aig aca as iomallaiche agus as brèagha. Based in the West highlands we have access to some of the most breathtaking hills in Scotland. Depending on conditions we may be based in Gleann Comhann, Craig Meagdaih no Beinn Nibheis fhèin. Thar cùrsa nan dà latha feuchaidh sinn ri mullach an grunn Rothaich fhad 'sa bha a' fuireach ann snowhole ann an cuid de na sgìrean iomallach agus bòidheach na h-Alba. Your-oide a bhios fiù 's a' toirt drama ann gus cuideachadh a thoirt seachad na h-oidhche.
'S e seo ceart cho turas sinn a' moladh gu bheil an t-samhraidh san dòigh coiseachd nam beann agus gu bheil ìre fallaineachd a leigeas dhut a dhèanamh dà latha air a 'bheinn. Winter coiseachd nam beann agus gu sònraichte ann an sneachda holing tha cruaidh mar sin an ìre mhath fallaineachd bidh cothrom dhut dèiligeadh ris na tha aig amannan faodaidh e bhith cruaidh agus bhodhaiga h agus a 'cladhach toll an t-sneachda fhèin.
- 2 làithean
- Bhiodh sinn a 'moladh gun tig sibh nach eil nas fhaide na 4f an oidhche mus do chùrsa gus dèanamh cinnteach ann le d' oide. Please note that your instructor must check over your kit the night before your expedition.
Amasan a 'chùrsa
The course is designed to introduce you to snow holing and is an amazing way to take you on an expedition through the Scottish Highlands into some of its most remote and interesting areas while developing your core winter skills at the same time. This course is run on a student to instructor ratio of maximum 1:4.
Sùsbaint a 'Chùrsa
Tha na prìomh chuspairean a tha air a chòmhdach
- Selection and organisation of personal kit appropriate to winter hill walking and snow holing
- How to dig and construct a Snow-hole, personal and group management within a snowhole
- Personal movement skills on snow, including kicking steps and using the ice axe for walking, self-belay, cutting steps, and self-arrest
- Use of crampons in ascent/descent
- Avalanche awareness and safe route choice
- Core techniques of winter navigation
Tha am prògram a tha sùbailte gu ceart a 'gabhail a-steach feumalachdan fa leth agus amasan, -aimsir, msaa.
Dè tha e a 'chosgais?
Throughout the coming season we will be running a number of open courses these will allow you to book on as individuals or a group and join a team of up to 4 people on the course a great way to experience snow holing for the first time.
- This course costs £250 per person
- Please be aware we require a minimum of 2 people to run this course
Interested in taking on this unforgettable adventure?
Simply book now or if you would prefer to speak to a human, fòn thugainn air 01855 831100
If you require further information, please use the enquiry form below.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that activities run, occasionally we may need to cancel activities due to dangerous or unsuitable conditions. We will endeavour to give as much notice as is practically possible. Occasionally activities may fail to reach a feasible minimum number. In these circumstances we will ensure you receive at least 7 days notice. In the event of cancellation by us for the above reasons, you will be offered either a full refund or an alternative date for the course.
Booking By Phone:
A deposit of 50% of the course fee is required on booking any course with the balance due 30 day’s prior to the course date. If booking within 30 days the full fee is payable on booking.
Full payment required at the time of booking