By making a booking with Ice Factor you are deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions.
We reserve the right for employees to ask you leave the premises if you do not abide by the Terms & Conditions. In all cases, no refund will be given.
General Rock wall use
- Non instructed rock wall pass is valid only on day of purchase
- You must be of minimum competent climbing standard to use our climbing walls with out supervision, which means you must be able to fit a climbing harness, attach a rope to your harness using a suitable knot, use a belay device to secure a falling climber,
- Children must be accompanied by an adult on the slope at all times
- Young people under the age of 18 may only use the climbing wall without supervision if they have completed the Ice Factor junior registration process with an Ice Factor Instructor.
- You must always adhere to the instructor’s advice and recommendations on the climbing walls you will be asked to leave with no refund if you are deemed to be a danger to yourself or to others
- General rock pass is valid on for the rock walls and bouldering room only, you cannot use the ice wall unless you have paid to do so and met the minimum requirements.
- No refund will be given if you are not of minimum climbing standard for climbing.
- Bookings made through our chargeable premium rate number 0871 222 5672 will incur a standard booking charge of £1.99 for every transaction, this includes voucher bookings and credit/debit card bookings
- No booking charge will be made when bookings are made at the main ticket desk or through our website ice-factor.co.uk
- When booking with Ice Factor, you will be asked for a telephone number in case of accident/emergency and an email address for updates in regards to your booking
- Transfer or cancellations to bookings will incur a £5 administration charge and you must advise of changes 5 days prior to booking. No transfer can be made within 5 days of booking and no refund will be given for non-attendance
- Refunds to return payment to the card you paid with, can take up to 28 days to process with an administration charge of £5 deducted from the final refund transaction on activities.
- Cash Vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase (full terms & conditions can be found on the reverse of the voucher)
- Ice Factor only, activity vouchers are valid for 1 year from date of purchase..
- Expired vouchers will not be accepted
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for vouchers
- Change is returned through vouchers and is not issued for vouchers under £1.00
- Memberships are non-transferable
- Memberships are valid from date of issue for 12 months
- Membership benefits apply only to the named membership holder or if you have a family membership, benefits extend to the nominated holders within the Family account
- Monthly passes are non-transferable
- Monthly pass is valid from date of issue for 30 days
- Monthly pass is a fixed price for 30 days
- Suspension of Monthly pass is not permitted
- No refunds for unused passes
Offers and Sale items
- Special deals will be offered on selected dates and times
- Notification of deals will be publicised through our website, Facebook page, Twitter or posters within Ice Factor
- Pre-Booking is essential during peak times
Third Party Deals
- Third party deals will be offered on select dates and times and is offered on a first come first served basis
- Third party deals must be booked by the redemption date and taken prior to the expiry date of the deal
- Third party deals are non-refundable and non-transferable
Special Events/ Closures
- Special Events will take place within the centre throughout the year and may result in restricted use of the centre.
- Center closure may occur due to essential maintenance work
- Notification of events/closures will be publicised through our website, Facebook page, Twitter or posters within Snow Factor
- No refund is possible should you choose to use the slope during events – please check before booking/arrival for up to date information on forthcoming activities or closures
- Only our fully qualified guides/ instructors are permitted to teach/ supervise more than one guest within the Ice Factor. Copies of relevant qualifications and insurance documents must be provided prior tom any instruction taking place. External guides/ instructors must work within their professional remit.
- Anyone found to be viewed as teaching/coaching without the relevant qualification/ insurance will be asked to leave.
- No refund will be given if you are asked to leave the climbing areas.
Ice Factor is committed to sharing the fun and exhilaration of climbing and adventure with everyone that expresses an interest.
At Ice Factor all of our activity sessions are tailored to meet the needs of the individual or groups.
While we do have an upper level, the heart of Ice Factor is on the ground floor. The ground floor is fully accessible and includes Reception, the Shop, Café, Disabled Access Toilet and all of the Climbing areas.
Rock climbing can be an excellent activity for children with mental or physical disabilities for a number of reasons. Climbing has been shown to increase spatial perception, hand-eye coordination and balance. It also teaches children about advanced planning, problem-solving and goal-setting skills that are useful in school. http://www.nchpad.org/464/2342/Rock~Climbing~for~Children~with~Disabilities
Disability no barrier to climbing, says ‘limbless mountaineer’
If you are interested in any of the activities that we have to offer please contact us to discuss how we can adapt our sessions to meet your needs.
Clothing and Equipment
- Helmets are advised for all users when rock climbing and mandatory within the ice wall. Helmet should be proper climbing approved helmet and must fit correctly and be fastened at all times
- Gloves, must be worn within the Ice Wall, appropriate clothing is required for all other areas of the centre.
- Lockers (£1 refundable) are provided for you to store your personal items and valuables while you are within the centre
- Ice Factor nor its employees or agents are responsible for any loss, theft or damage to valuables or personal property of any visitor whilst on Ice Factor premises
Lost property will be kept for two weeks after which time it will be disposed of. If you have lost a personal belonging, please call 01855 831100 to notify us of when you will collect it.
- What information do we collect about you?
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. If you agree, we shall pass on your personal information to companies within the Ice Factor Group so that they may offer you their products and services. The Ice Factor Group will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside the Ice Factor Group. In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of the Ice Factor Group. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us or sign into your online account to unsubscribe.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us or write to us at the following address:
Ice Factor Group HQ
Unit 30 intu Soar Braehead
Kings Inch Road
We may make a small charge for this service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following cookies allow us to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
- Allow you to share pages via Add This
How to contact us
- Ice Factor reserves the right to make changes to all activities and prices at any time© Ice Factor