By making a booking with Ice Factor you are deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions.
We reserve the right for employees to ask you leave the premises if you do not abide by the Terms & Conditions. In all cases, no refund will be given.
General Rock wall use
- Non instructed rock wall pass is valid only on day of purchase
- You must be of minimum competent climbing standard to use our climbing walls with out supervision, which means you must be able to fit a climbing harness, attach a rope to your harness using a suitable knot, use a belay device to secure a falling climber,
- Children must be accompanied by an adult on the slope at all times
- Young people under the age of 18 may only use the climbing wall without supervision if they have completed the Ice Factor junior registration process with an Ice Factor Instructor.
- You must always adhere to the instructor’s advice and recommendations on the climbing walls you will be asked to leave with no refund if you are deemed to be a danger to yourself or to others
- General rock pass is valid on for the rock walls and bouldering room only, you cannot use the ice wall unless you have paid to do so and met the minimum requirements.
- No refund will be given if you are not of minimum climbing standard for climbing.
- Bookings made through our chargeable premium rate number 0871 222 5672 will incur a standard booking charge of £1.99 for every transaction, this includes voucher bookings and credit/debit card bookings
- No booking charge will be made when bookings are made at the main ticket desk or through our website ice-factor.co.uk
- When booking with Ice Factor, you will be asked for a telephone number in case of accident/emergency and an email address for updates in regards to your booking
- Transfer or cancellations to bookings will incur a £5 administration charge and you must advise of changes 5 days prior to booking. No transfer can be made within 5 days of booking and no refund will be given for non-attendance
- Refunds to return payment to the card you paid with, can take up to 28 days to process with an administration charge of £5 deducted from the final refund transaction on activities.
- Cash Vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase (full terms & conditions can be found on the reverse of the voucher)
- Ice Factor only, activity vouchers are valid for 1 year from date of purchase..
- Expired vouchers will not be accepted
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for vouchers
- Change is returned through vouchers and is not issued for vouchers under £1.00
- Memberships are non-transferable
- Memberships are valid from date of issue for 12 months
- Membership benefits apply only to the named membership holder or if you have a family membership, benefits extend to the nominated holders within the Family account
- Monthly passes are non-transferable
- Monthly pass is valid from date of issue for 30 days
- Monthly pass is a fixed price for 30 days
- Suspension of Monthly pass is not permitted
- No refunds for unused passes
Offers and Sale items
- Special deals will be offered on selected dates and times
- Notification of deals will be publicised through our website, Facebook page, Twitter or posters within Ice Factor
- Pre-Booking is essential during peak times
Third Party Deals
- Third party deals will be offered on select dates and times and is offered on a first come first served basis
- Third party deals must be booked by the redemption date and taken prior to the expiry date of the deal
- Third party deals are non-refundable and non-transferable
Special Events/Slope Closures
- Special Events will take place within the centre throughout the year and may result in restricted use of the centre.
- Center closure may occur due to essential maintenance work
- Notification of events/closures will be publicised through our website, Facebook page, Twitter or posters within Snow Factor
- No refund is possible should you choose to use the slope during events – please check before booking/arrival for up to date information on forthcoming activities or closures
- Only our fully qualified guides/ instructors are permitted to teach/ supervise more than one guest within the Ice Factor. Copies of relevant qualifications and insurance documents must be provided prior tom any instruction taking place. External guides/ instructors must work within their professional remit.
- Anyone found to be viewed as teaching/coaching without the relevant qualification/ insurance will be asked to leave.
- No refund will be given if you are asked to leave the climbing areas.
Ice Factor is committed to sharing the fun and exhilaration of climbing and adventure with everyone that expresses an interest.
At Ice Factor all of our activity sessions are tailored to meet the needs of the individual or groups.
While we do have an upper level, the heart of Ice Factor is on the ground floor. The ground floor is fully accessible and includes Reception, the Shop, Café, Disabled Access Toilet and all of the Climbing areas.
Rock climbing can be an excellent activity for children with mental or physical disabilities for a number of reasons. Climbing has been shown to increase spatial perception, hand-eye coordination and balance. It also teaches children about advanced planning, problem-solving and goal-setting skills that are useful in school. http://www.nchpad.org/464/2342/Rock~Climbing~for~Children~with~Disabilities
Disability no barrier to climbing, says ‘limbless mountaineer’
If you are interested in any of the activities that we have to offer please contact us to discuss how we can adapt our sessions to meet your needs.
Clothing and Equipment
- Helmets are advised for all users when rock climbing and mandatory within the ice wall. Helmet should be proper climbing approved helmet and must fit correctly and be fastened at all times
- Gloves, must be worn within the Ice Wall, appropriate clothing is required for all other areas of the centre.
- Lockers (£1 refundable) are provided for you to store your personal items and valuables while you are within the centre
- Ice Factor nor its employees or agents are responsible for any loss, theft or damage to valuables or personal property of any visitor whilst on Ice Factor premises
Lost property will be kept for two weeks after which time it will be disposed of. If you have lost a personal belonging, please call 01855 831100 to notify us of when you will collect it.
Ice Factor Newsletter
- Customers automatically opt in to receive promotional SMS/Email at time of booking. If you not wish to receive promotional SMS/Emails, please select unsubscribe which can be found either in the header or footer of email newsletter or text SNOWSTOP to 60777
- Ice Factor reserves the right to make changes to all activities and prices at any time